Monday, November 15, 2010

The Classics

Today on my other blog, Chic & Green, I posted a piece on the classics....that little black dress, red lipstick, and pearls. What a stunning look for anyone at any size!

I am going to share some little black dresses with you. I ordered a new one for the holidays at Overstock.com. A head's up--a size 12 in this dress fits me like a dream. For reference, I am a 12 in Not You Daughter's Jeans and at White House Black Market. I buy a 14 at Avenue and Lane Bryant jeans. 

Here's my new dress:



Here are some others you may adore!




From Avenue
$54.90


Z. Cavaricci Couture for Torrid
$75



$69.95



What goes with that little black dress? Red lips and pearls, of course!


Here are some really fabulous reds:




bareMinerals Red Delicious 100% Natural Lipcolor
$15



DuWop Private Red
$22


Korres Guava Lipstick in #55 Red
$22



Josie Maran Devious
$20


Anyway, these are all so pretty, but I have decided to order a new lippie from one of my most favorite mineral makeup companies. It's from the Ithaca area's Silk Naturals and it is called Hot Blooded.


It sounds like a brilliant red--something anyone can wear--and it is $4.50! It says there's cool red, warm red, and other multifaceted shades so that it is truly wearable for those with a hard time finding red lip colors. Did I mention how wonderful the makeup from Silk Naturals is? Here is a review of the other lippies I've tried from them. Click to read.


What else goes with that little black dress and a red lip? Pearls, of course! Here are some favorite pearls from Etsy:


Bib necklace from Bijoux La-La
$39


Reclaimed with style from EcoBling Couture
$87


$78

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments with us! How are YOU embracing your curves?