Tuesday, November 9, 2010

rocking the skinny jean



Don't listen to the naysayers! Curvy girls can wear a skinny jean. I talked about this the other day. Queen Latifah is looking lovely as ever here in her washed black skinny jeans.

I ended up buying myself a pair in the same color Saturday. The damage? $12.99 on clearance at Avenue! If you have an Avenue near you, check there. Online, they're still $29.99.



One thing to note. I have these in a 14, which is because I thought I'd need a 14 rather than a 12 in this style. They were what I thought was ideal at first. They have a great deal of stretch to them, though. These are bordering on too big after wearing. I'd size down if you can. 14 is the smallest at Avenue, so if you hover between sizes, you may need to look elsewhere.


What I particularly like about the ones from Avenue is that they are not low rise. These are mid rise and that makes them comfortable and flattering if you should have a bit of a muffin top. I also like that they're not going to show off too much skin if you bend over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments with us! How are YOU embracing your curves?