Thursday, October 14, 2010

{button up}



If you're large chested, one of the most frustrating aspects of shopping can be getting a top to fit perfectly.

When wearing a low cut top, the cup runneth over, so to speak. Button down shirts also pose problems because they can gap. It is hard when you find a shirt that is an ideal fit at the shoulders and waist only to have a gap at the buttons.



Pregnancy is also a time when your bust line is ever changing and you sometimes find that shirts are a bit ill-fitting. I think most of us have been there. I remember having a favorite low cut black maternity top when I was pregnant with Nick and I had to spend 15 minutes fiddling with a safety pin to get it fitting properly so I didn't spill out. What a headache.

I also remember bringing home a new wrap dress with a plunging neckline for a party I went to in February and I had to put a little cami underneath. It was a dress that "would've been perfect if...." You know what I am talking about. We all have those moments when we think something would be perfect "if _________".

There is a fabulous solution to this dilemma and it comes with a memorable name: the Bosom Button. The creator of this fantastic item was fumbling around with a safety pin and came up with this idea in her frustration. And it's a great idea.

Quite simply, it is similar to a tie tack, only you firmly place it through the garment to keep it in place. It is also handmade using Swarovski crystals, so it is meant to be there as an accessory as well. You can use it to keep a wrap dress in place. Use it for low cut tops or maternity tops and to replace missing buttons. It's great for that gap you sometimes get with button down shirts. I even use mine for wraps and scarves.
This can also be used to secure a sarong at the beach or just as a pretty accessory on your jeans. I recently used mine on a sleek black clutch bag to add a little sparkle.

Bosom Buttons sell for $12 each and are available in several different options from crystal to jet to pearl and more. You can also buy a 3 piece collection for $25. I remember seeing this item in In Style and thinking that it was a silly idea. I thought it was nothing more than a simple tie tack. After trying it out myself, I wear it with low cut tops and wrap dresses. It really is a great idea and I recommend them to you.



*Disclosure: I was sent this item for possible review. It in no way has affected the outcome of this review and all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments with us! How are YOU embracing your curves?