Friday, October 22, 2010

Casual Chic

Today I wanted to talk to my fellow curvy girls who generally do not fit into "plus size" clothing, but find that many misses sizes are cut too narrow. I am really impressed with popular lines realizing that curvy girls want to look stylish, and I am glad to see that they realize that there are women like me in a 12 or 14 who are not cut straight up and down. That is a huge pet peeve of mine!

Chico's and White House Black Market are embracing curvy women. Chico's is a line I've always found good luck with, but now they have sizes beyond their 1-2-3 sizing. You can get up to a size 4.5, which is the equivalent of a size 22. Bravo to Chico's!

White House Black Market is taking baby steps to embrace women's curves. They now offer a size 16. I've found their sizing to be generous as it is, so I think that if you were to be an 18 in some lines, you could wear a 16 at WHBM. 
Coldwater Creek is another line worth mentioning. I personally find many of their clothes to be too frumpy for me (I am 35), but I can attest that their jeans are among the best for curvy girls. It is as though they have designed them for women with hourglass shapes. There's no gap in the back waist band and they graze over the hips without feeling tight.


My favorites are the Natural Fit Bootcut jeans. A head's up--they are on sale for $23.99 on their site right now. They are always in style and what I like is that they are genuinely comfortable. I hate feeling like I cannot bend over in them. They have stretch in them, but not so much that they start to fall down by the time you've walked a block. At Coldwater Creek, they go up to a size 24. I also like the consistency here. I wear a 12 on the bottom no matter what the style at this place and it makes shopping much easier!

Here are some great finds for casual wear found at Chico's, White House Black Market, and Coldwater Creek:

I love this jacket!
Chico's, $89

I'd pair this with dark trouser jeans and boots.
Chico's, $69


I just ordered this one. It's from White House Black Market and is $29.98. regularly $108!



I also ordered this one today...it's adorable and chic.


I love ponchos and wraps. Worn over trouser jeans, black ponte pants and boots, or almost anything, they are fun!

This red one would look great over basic black for the holidays and it is on sale at Coldwater Creek. It's one size fits all and I really feel this is true!

$13.99

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments with us! How are YOU embracing your curves?