Friday, November 5, 2010

{Weekend Chic}

Weekend Chic. I guess that is how I would call my own sense of style. I am a stay at home/work at home mom. Creating jewelry and blogging don't require business attire, so I dress in jeans almost daily. Being put together is a must, though. Here is a simple way to be casual, comfy, and stylish....at any size.


I have this cardigan from Old Navy. At the Webster store last Friday night, it was 40% off of the sale price and ended up being around $11! Online, it is $25. Another tip--this is cut very generously. I usually buy an XL in their sweaters to fit in the chest. I bought a Large and it is plenty roomy for a tank underneath.

I recommend skinny jeans with this...or a bootcut. Nothing wide in the thigh, though. I wore it out the other night with dark bootcut jeans and my little leopard pumps. Since the sweater is a little swingy, don't go too wide on the bottom or it won't be as flattering.

You can also change this one up. You can have the toggles buttoned all the way or leave the top one undone so it is more of an open v-neck. The looks are completely different. This, unlike many Old Navy sweaters, is also made really well.


Bootcut jeans from Fashion to Figure
$38



Madden Girl booties from Zappos
$53.96


A sparkling bracelet from Chico's
$58


Clutch from Creations by Angel on Etsy
$41

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments with us! How are YOU embracing your curves?